19 February 2011

UK: Consent of the marriage between Prince William and Kate Middleton

At the Privy Council meeting at Buckingham Palace held on 9 February 2011 HM The Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland formally gave her consent of the marriage between HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton. I was abroad at the time and didn't have time to do anything on my blog this week until today. The declaration of consent has been posted on several discussion forums already, but just for the record I post it here as well:
At the Court at Buckingham Palace

THE 9TH DAY OF FEBRUARY 2011

PRESENT,

THE QUEEN'S MOST EXCELLENT MAJESTY
IN COUNCIL

Her Majesty in Council was this day pleased to make the following Declaration.

Judith Simpson

MY LORDS,

I declare My Consent to a Contract of Matrimony between My Most Dearly Beloved Grandson Prince William Arthur Philip Louis of Wales and Catherine Elizabeth Middleton, which Consent I am causing to be signified under the Great Seal and to be entered in the Books of the Privy Council.

***

Counsellors present were the Rt Hon Nick Clegg (Lord President), the Rt Hon Michael Moore and the Rt Hon Chris Grayling. I suppose that the declaration of consent of the marriage between Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall will come at a Privy Council meeting in the spring.

I will also add the declaration to my website in due time.

Blogglisten

No comments:

Post a Comment